KAYKAY ONYEOBI OF KANWULIAA.COM.

(All photos were gotten from her IG @kaykayonyeobi)

I had a chance to interview this cool kid,Kaykay,who owns the blog, kanwuliaa.com ,a stylist and a photographer. She is also the Founder and creative director of Kaochi Official and 2016 Nigerian teen choice awards,choice fashion blogger.
She has one of the coolest styles I have ever seen.
This is probably one of my favorite interviews I have ever done.

Your style is amazing! Different from what we see in Nigeria, I must say.How would you describe it and who and what influences your style?

That's so sweet, thank you very much! I'd describe my style as being very innovative, cool and minimal but in a not so minimal way (not basic), ya feel me? Lol.
My style is influenced by culture and the arts (and I mean all forms). I literally get inspired by everything around me! And if im seen wearing it, then you know it has to be very comfortable. Comfort is key for me.


Your brand is growing fast! What inspires you to keep going?

Success! I know what I want and I'm working really hard so I can achieve every goal I've set for myself. I don't have any other option but to succeed at what I do, so that's definitely a major key that keeps me going.

What are your wardrobe essentials?

Jackets (I'm such a sucker for them! Preferably oversized & stylish), oversized structured sunnies, denim and white sneakers.

What will you never be seen wearing?

I'd never be seen or even caught dead wearing a yellow & red or black & red outfit ensemble.

How can young entrepreneurs like yourself use the internet in a productive rather than destructive way?

The internet helps me promote my brand in the best ways possible. I just focus on uplifting and inspiring people with everything I do over the internet. I try to encourage as much people as I can and just keep myself out of any drama.

Do you fancy trends or do you consider yourself a trendsetter?


I'd say both lol. I love to follow trends I fancy (for the culture lol) when it comes to picking out clothes and shoes. But then I also set my own trends with the different ways I choose to style my outfits & hairstyles. I once did a hairstyle (my purple yarn locs twists) and after a few days I got tags on instagram of people doing the same hairstyle & saying I inspired that. I saw over 5 people with the same hairstyle (in other colours tho, no purple). So I guess its safe to say I set trends too right? Lol.

You are starting a fashion brand,Kaochi Official which I have seen.Innovation is on a hunnid.What should we be expecting?

 Haha yes yes, thank you! Be expecting lots of cool, diverse pieces. Hint hint: my first collection is a mish mash of pop culture inspired clothes & traditional stuff. I really tried to incorporate our Nigerian culture into my designs and this collection will be an empowerment to black people all over the world. Wait on it!  Dedicated to the women who dare to be different and have the courage to rebel against societal standards.

It's really annoying when people say blogging is "a waste of time".What would you say to people like that?

Lol they don't know what they're saying! Blogging is an amazing way to express yourself. I love blogging because it also gives me the opportunity to inspire people, it's such a blessing to be able to help people through the posts I share on my blog. It also fills something inside me, people reading this will think I'm being extra 😂 but sorry,that what happens when you have a passion for it!.

Yass!You are so cool. Thank you for your time.

Aww thanks so much! ❤


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MEET MYA K, TEEN BOSS.

BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS -MY BEST AND WORST DRESSED LIST.

2015 TRENDS I'M LOVING RIGHT NOW